Saturday, August 4, 2007

Radiation is Complete

Friday was graduation day from Radiation! The technicians hugged me and gave me my face mask. I have seen these wonderful people for 20 days. I have also become familiar with the other patients that had my same time slot and were in the waiting room with me. It was fitting that my Mom and Michelle accompanied me on my last day. We celebrated with an ice cream afterwards.

One lady in the waiting room commented on how many friends I have because she rarely saw the same person more than twice. There is no denying that I am deeply blessed by all my friends who offered their time and companionship. I even started to feel guilty by the third week for not driving myself because I was feeling much better than I thought. The truth is, I was very touched by all my drivers and thankful for their presence. I had a special time with each person, and we engaged in deeper conversations than we would have had normally.

The Bible talks about spiritual gifts. Some have the gift of mercy, missions, evangelism, etc... My friend Carol-Lee has the gifts of administration and helps. Carol-Lee took charge of my schedule and organized everyone so that I would not have to worry about who would take my girls, who would drive, and meals. Carol-Lee has been an angel, and she has used her God given talents to bless my family.

Next week will be our last week of meals being delivered. We have been amazed and thankful for all the families that have provided for our family in the past two months. Each person that has brought a meal has ministered to us. It has been a great lesson for the children delivering, as well as my children receiving. Thank you all for feeding us so very well. I know in my heart that if the tide turns, you will be there for us again.

Planning out meals for the week and grocery shopping has not always been my favorite domestic duty. I've got to be honest, laundry and housecleaning are not high on my "love to do" list either. However, it is time to show my family that I am not letting cancer stop me from being Mom and Wife. I am a survivor and I need to act like one.

This is not the end of treatment for me, but the completion of radiation was a big milestone. I know that God will continue to work through my illness, and I believe that we will all be amazed at what He can do. Thank you to all who continue to send cards and post messages on this blog. We continue to be blessed and we know that it is your prayers that have made a difference.

God Bless,
Sandy