Wednesday, August 1, 2007

AYSO - Region 112

Soccer season is almost upon us again, and I wanted to express my thanks to the wonderful friends from AYSO La Verne/San Dimas who have been so supportive of our situation. You know what you've done! When I started out with Rachel and soccer when she was 5, and I agreed to be an Assistant Coach, I didn't know much about the game. (Based on the yelling from the sidelines when I ref games now, there are coaches and parents who think that hasn't changed much!) The one thing I did know was that I wanted to help the 20% of the people who did 80% of the work. The next thing I knew I was coaching, refing, and trying to help where I could. Through all of that, I've met some really exceptional people who I now consider friends. They are really part of the 10% of the people who do 90% of the work, and make soccer such an enjoyable and worthwhile experience for so many children. A special shout out of thanks to the AYSO community who are lifting up my family: Mike & Stacy Crandall, Ed Lowrie, Craig Pifer, Jim Cartwright, John Sedor, Kim King, and especially this season as I prepare to coach Michelle in U8, Jon Workman! I know that sometimes it can feel like a "thankless job", but I and countless other people appreciate the job you do for our children!

Jon