Saturday, July 21, 2007

VBS

Every year at this time I am guaranteed a nice cleansing of the tear ducts. It happens on the last day of Vacation Bible School. Yesterday was the closing program for the kids, and Michelle was sorry the week was over. All the parents were invited to hear the kids sing and see a video of the week's events. This was my first year in probably 8-9 years that I have not been able to participate in the events, so I felt a little disconnected. However, when I walked into the sanctuary I immediately felt the presence of God and the excitement of the kids. There is something very touching about over 400 kids praising God through singing. My tearful moment came when their voices were singing softly to a song that had been on my heart and mind in the days following the shocking news of cancer.

You are my strength when I am weak,
You are the treasure that I seek,
You are my all and all.
Seeking You as a precious jewel,
Lord to give up I'd be a fool,
You are my all and all.

Taking my sin, my cross, my shame,
Rising up again I bless you name,
You are my all and all.
When I fall down you pick me up,
when I am dry you fill my cup,
You are my all and all.

Jesus, Lamb of God,
worthy is Your name.
Jesus, Lamb of God,
worthy is Your name.

Those are powerful words to sing. The kids yesterday sang them beautifully and with big hearts for Jesus. Jesus said that we must come to him like a child. Matthew 18:2-4

My devotion prayer today:
Father, I need a touch from You, and I come to You now as Your child. I know that You love me, and with childlike faith, I believe You will heal my body today. Thank you for healing me.

Worthy is His name,
Sandy