Monday, July 9, 2007

Radiation

I started radiation last Thursday, and so far I have not felt any side effects. When I go into the room they put on a custom fitted mesh mask to protect my face. There are 4 angles and each angle takes about 30 seconds. I really do not feel anything, I just hear buzzing noises. I am only in there for 15 minutes. The longest part is the wait because my time slot is 1:30 pm, and I am finding that as the day progresses they start running behind. This will be my routine for the month of July.

I am very blessed to have an entire group of women who have volunteered to either watch the kids, or drive me. Last week I drove myself, today my good friend Margo was my driver. It is nice to have someone with me, even if I may not need it right away. It is hard to know when the fatigue will hit. I can also expect to get a low grade sore throat because it is hard for them to avoid my esophagus.

I am so touched by the many people at church, and in my community that say they are still praying for me every day. It is really encouraging to know that so many people are still interested in this blog. Sometimes I wonder if it is just my parents, Jon and me checking the blog every day, then I hear someone tell me they check it every morning and night. It is the prayers that mean so much. I know that I am on many prayer chains, which is always so good to hear. I feel the payers, and they give me confidence and strength.

A special thanks to the many friends that are helping out!
God Bless,
Sandy