Saturday, June 16, 2007

Spoke Too Soon

Well, I spoke too soon on Thursday night. The pain creeped up on me again before bed and so I spent the entire night alternating between Vacadin and Darvecet every two hours. The pain was in my lower back. On Friday morning I woke up not feeling well because I had taken all that pain medication on an empty stomach. Unfortunately I did get sick to my stomach before my Dad picked me up for my appointments at City of Hope. I also got sick at COH and a nurse gave me an anti-nausea pill, which helped. The Neurosurgeon wanted the stitches to stay in another week. The Radiation Oncologist wants to start radiation July 5th, which will be every week day for 15 days.

I was miserable the remainder of Friday, but the nausea lift by Saturday morning. I still do not have much of an appetite. It all seems to very hard today. I am normally an active and organized person who is not used to sitting on the couch watching old movies. I guess I am having a low moment.

Before I have everyone depressed for me, I have a good reason to get over my blues and get dressed up. Michelle has a dance recital tonight at Citrus College. It will be good to get out of the house.

For Father's day, I want to pay tribute to my wonderful Father, Marv, who has held my hand through this entire journey. I have always been a Daddy's girl, and I am thankful that he lives close by. He and Sandy do so much for us.

Then there is Jon. Who is the rock of our family. Jon is a wonderful and fun father for his girls. I love watching him play and interact with them. Jon is also the best husband a girl could ever ask for.

Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there!
Sandy