Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Deeper Tribute to the Dads in my Life

I woke up early this morning and started listening to a preacher on the television give a wonderful Father's Day message. It made me think deeper of my Father and my Husband and the role they play in my life. Many of you have commented on my faith through this journey I am on. It is with great appreciation to my Father (and Mother) that I have the faith that I do. They brought me up in an environment that gave me this great relationship that I have with the Lord. My parents were very involved in our church (Hacienda Heights Baptist), and the church became my second home.

My Father has always been an example of what God wants for all of us. My Dad taught me that I can't have everything I ask for because it is not always in my best interest. My Dad taught me about good stewardship with my money. My Dad taught me how to treat others with dignity. My Dad is so friendly and caring towards others it seemed like we could never go anywhere that he did not run into someone he knew. My parents taught me to pray and live my life according to God's Word.

My Husband is also that same type of Father to our kids. Jon is the most caring and thoughtful man I have ever met. Some of you have received cards from him encouraging you or sympathizing with you during difficult times. Jon prays with our children each night and is an example to them on how to talk to God in one's own language. Thanks to Jon we all get up on Sunday mornings and get to church even when HE felt like sleeping in. Jon teaches our kids Godly principles about money and goals. Jon was the one who prompted our family to write a Family Mission Statement this year.

Today I am thankful beyond words for the two men in my life that have taught me so much. I am thankful for their faith and commitment to Christ.

Love you both,
Sandy