Friday, June 8, 2007

Oak Mesa Community

I wanted to send out a special thanks to the Oak Mesa Women who have been incredible throughout my illness. Today I received a beautiful card that was filled with words of encouragement and was signed last night at the PTA dinner. Thank you for the gift cards to various local restaurants, they will come in handy.

The support I have had from my close friends has been amazing. Carol-Lee, Margo, Valerie, LaLaine, Lynn: You have cleaned and kept my life organized which is a blessing beyond words. You have cared for and nurtured my girls when I could not. I am grateful that they had you to confide in and let their feelings show.

Cynthia Karim and an entire host of angels have sent encouraging messages, music and scripture. I have received cards and blog postings that have uplifted me when I did not have the energy to look up, and I wish I could thank everyone personally. Thank you for the delicious meals for my family, you have fed our very soul. Thank you to Dr. Laura Crocitto, who is a parent at Oak Mesa and a doctor at City of Hope. Laura visited me every day and sat with me at various times after my surgery and comforted me. I am forever touched and grateful that God brought you into my life.

To those of you who have sent cards and we are acquaintances, but not necessarily close friends, this message is for you from the deepest part of my heart. You have taught me that when a person is facing a trial, do not ever hold back thinking "well, she does not know me very well." Your thoughts and prayers have been just as cherished as the ones from my dearest friends.

I am proud to be a part of this Oak Mesa Community, and will always hold a special place in my heart for you.

God Bless,
Sandy