Monday, November 24, 2014

Rachel's Reflections On Sandy At The Celebration Service

This is from Rachel, a freshman at California Baptist University in Riverside.


When picking a verse to describe my Mom, the verse Proverbs 31:25 comes to mind: "She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future." Without my Mom's undeniable strength, I would not be who I am today. The laughter that always filled the house is something I will remember always. One verse she often shared with Michelle and I is Matthew 17:20:  "For truly, I say to you, if you have faith like a grain of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move, and nothing will be impossible for you."  I think this is true of any Christian faith, including my own. One quote I look to in these hard times is the quote "How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard." With that being said, I know this is not goodbye forever. As the Carrie Underwood song says, "I will see you again, this is not where it ends, I will carry you with me, until I see you again."  I take great comfort knowing we will be reunited one day.