Monday, December 6, 2010

One of my dear friends reminded me of this verse:

"The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; The God of my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge." Then in verse 47 - The Lord lives! Blessed be my Rock! 2 Samuel 22:2,3 & 47

I am thankful for a God that gives me strength and will be my refuge. I especially need the strength at the moment. Nausea set in this weekend from the medication, so it has been difficult to enjoy the Christmas celebrations that were planned in advance.

I can only imagine what Mary and Joseph felt as they traveled to Bethlehem. This was not at all like they had planned. They were so young, and how could this be happening to them? I think Mary had it a little easier than Joseph. She new, without a doubt, that this child inside was from the Lord. Joseph, on the other hand, had to get past logic and keep reminding himself that an angel came to him, and this was not a dream. Then, in the middle of all this turmoil, they have to travel to Bethlehem for this ridiculous census. That was really rotten timing! They (and we) now know that prophecy was told of where the Messiah would be born.

“But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah,
out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old,from ancient times.” Micah 5:2

I know that God has a purpose for this new obstacle, and that His timing is perfect. At the moment I take issue with the timing, but I know I will need to get to a place of submission and thanks for bringing what really matters to light during this holiest of seasons.

Blessings,
Sandy