Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The Greatest Gift of All

By Max Lucado

And so it was.
And so Christ was born.
And so we have to wonder. What was that like? To have God within you. To have the Maker of the Universe reside inside you. To sense his moving, nudging and elbowing and think, “Divinity is stirring within me!” What was it like?

The answer is closer than you might imagine.

God gives you the same offer He gave Mary: the supernatural deposit of His son in your life. Scripture declares: Jesus lives in His children.

“Christ in you the hope of glory.” (Col. 1:27)
“Those who obey His commands live in Him and He in them.”
(I Jn. 3:24)

Take note of the precious preposition “in.” Christ isn’t just near you or for you or with you; he longs to be in you. God offers you the same Christmas gift he gave Mary-- the indwelling Christ. Christ grew in her until he came out. Christ will grow in you until the same occurs. Christ will come out in your speech, in your actions, in your decisions. Every place you live will be a Bethlehem and everyday you live will be a Christmas. You, like Mary, will deliver Christ into the world.

A fetus in Mary, a force in you. He will do what you cannot do. Wasn’t this the promise of Jesus?

The same hand that pushed the rock from the tomb can shove away your discouragement. The same power that stirred the still heart of Christ, can stir your flagging faith. The same strength that put Satan on his heels can, and will, defeat Satan in your life. The same power which brought Christ into Mary’s world, will bring Christ into your world.


So there it is. If you want to know how I get my strength, it is because I received the most amazing gift one could ever by given. Salvation. Because of my relationship with Christ, I can fall into His arms and groan when in pain. I can recite His promises and be encouraged by His Word. I can have the assurance that in the worst of times, He will not leave me. I can also be assured that in the best of times, He rejoices with me. He is the best gift giver I have ever known. His gifts never fade, break, or get old.

If you don't have that kind of relationship with Jesus, then there is a huge gift under the tree that you have not unwrapped! It is my prayer that you will accept that gift this year. When you unwrap the gift of salvation, you enter a whole new world that includes the perk of knowing that you never have to walk alone.

I send my deepest thanks for your prayers and support. You are just one of the many gifts that God has given me. Friendships, Prayer Warriors, and an amazing ministry. These are timeless gifts that make me humbled and grateful.

Merry Christmas!
Sandy

P.S. I had my In-n-Out tonight. Just a cheeseburger and fries. It all settled good, and I am feeling 100% so I will be enjoying the remaining days of Christmas. Thank you for the prayers!!!