Tuesday, May 11, 2010

How Sweet it is....

I'm Free!

I feel like a ball and chain was cut off my ankle today!!!

The results of my tests were that the bone metastasis is stable, and the CT Scan of my internal organs is unchanged (still no liver lesions)!!!

I have officially gone off of chemo and will start taking a daily pill called Aromasin. The side effects will be joint stiffness in the morning. I almost got to go three months without going to City of Hope, but then they remembered my port, and it has to be flushed out monthly (I can handle that).

The day came with some sad moments. Saying good-bye to my cherished Oncologist (she is leaving COH), and also leaving the clinical trial facility and the fabulous nurses there. It was definitely a time to rejoice and be deeply grateful for the care and wisdom that has come from the professionals at City of Hope. Of course, I will continue to get treatment there, but it was a day of closures after 8 months of chemo.

Without a doubt, the one who gets the biggest praise is God! If you remember my initial reaction and lesson that was learned about being in the drivers seat, then you will smile when I say, "It has been quite the ride!" I can tell you, without hesitation, that traveling this journey with Jesus at the wheel is as scenic and sweet as it gets. I would not trade the last eight months for anything (even eyelashes!). I sang "Trust and Obey" at the beginning of our trip, and was rocking out to "Healing Rain" at the end. Notice that is the opposite of how I thought it should go when facing chemo back in September. God knew what He was doing, and the reversal of those events was His perfect plan.

Lately, I have been reading in the Psalms. I love the following promises:

Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:4-5

You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy, that I might sing praises to you and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever! Psalm 30:11,12

Be thou a rock of refuge for me, a strong fortress to save me! Psalm 31:2

I am humbled and grateful that I serve a God that makes promises like these, and I love the journey He has taken me on!

Thank YOU for your prayers and love!!!!
Sandy :)