Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Being Thankful

Today I reflect back on the past seven month, and I have a lot to be thankful for. I am sure there are people out there that find it impossible to imagine how I could be thankful in the midst of cancer. Through God all things are possible, and even in the midst of a great trial, I am deeply grateful for the many blessings that God has given me.

I am thankful for my loving husband who has stood by my side. My two girls have been courageous and strong, and have shown great faith. My parents have been by my side in every way possible. My church family is amazing and has lifted my family up in prayer, especially our precious Bible Study Group. My dear Oak Mesa friends have tended to my family's needs. The meals, transportation, and cards have been deeply appreciated and treasured in our hearts.

I am thankful that God has given me this moment to shine my light for him. I am thankful for the many people that have come to have a deeper relationship with God because of how they see God at work in my life. I am thankful that it is not me, but God working through my situation. I am thankful that I have a loving and fair God who never goes back on a promise. He promised me seven months ago that He would never leave me or forsake me. He is true to His word.

1 Thessalonians 5:18
Be joyful always, pray continually; give thank in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you.

With gratitude and love,
Sandy