Friday, August 24, 2007

Nothing is too small for God!

"And even the very hairs of your head are numbered." Matthew 10:30

My daughter, Rachel, teaches me constantly that nothing is too small for God. Rachel has a beautiful quality about her in that she prays over situations that I would not think to bother God over.

On our recent trip to Big Bear we wanted to rent a little fishing boat so we could get out on the lake and explore it's beauty. I had picked up a flier from a company that said a four man fishing boat could be rented for $80.00 for an hour. I called that company and confirmed that they had a boat available. We packed up some snacks and headed down to the Marina. We had to pay $10.00 for parking. When I get to the counter she looks at us and says that there is a 400 pound maximum for the boat. We were probably 30 pounds over, 5 more pounds for the cooler. I was a little "tweeked" because the flier clearly said 4 people for this boat, and I am sure you find it just as funny as I did that our family would be considered too heavy.

Here is where Rachel's spirit kicks in. Jon and I are now figuring out how to get our parking money back and what to do next. We analyze the situation and discuss alternatives. We decide to drive to another marina, but I am doubtful that the situation will be any different or that they will have a boat available. Rachel prays.

We get to the other marina and there is not cost for parking and someone is pulling out of a spot right next to the rental office. We inquire about the boat and they say it is $50.00 for TWO hours, but a boat won't be back for another hour and it is first come first serve. We are standing there on the dock a fishing boat arrives. They came back early! Rachel says, "See Mom, I prayed to God and asked Him to help us, and He did!" We had a wonderful time on the lake, and Jon and I (once again) learned that God does care about the small things. We even saved money and had more time!

Every detail of your life is important to God, and God wants to be involved in those details. God wants to be involved in every part of your day. What a blessing to know that God cares about the hairs on your head! That verse tells me that every little detail of my life, and yours, is of interest to Him. Thank you Rachel for having great faith and confidence that God cares about long lines at Disneyland, boat rentals, and cancer.

Father, thank you for loving me for who I am. You have chosen me as your child, and you care about every detail of my life. I open my heart to you today and ask that you be involved in every detail of my life. In your Holy Name. Amen.

Sandy