Thursday, August 16, 2007

Big Bear

We are off on a family adventure to Big Bear today! We have not been able to get away since the beach house at the end of June, so this is exciting! Thank you to Jon's cousin Stephanie, and her husband Peter, for letting us use their home for a long weekend.

We also owe a big thank you to Kevin and Dara Morgan (Davis & Dylan too!) for giving us their Angel Season Tickets when the Red Sox were in town. We had a fabulous evening cheering on Jon's favorite team.

Today I went to see an Orthopedic Doctor at COH to discuss the integrity of my bones so that I know my limitations if I want to do an activity that might be strenuous (bike riding, horseback riding, running...). The tests he looked at are 3 months old, so he wants to re-test in some areas. I will be having a CT Scan and some x-rays on the 31st. I am actually excited to see what the tests come up with. The pelvic pain has been almost non-existent since the beach house, and I have had 4 months of Zometa to build up my bones. The doctors would expect to see no change since the previous tests, but I know God is working on the situation as well.

"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." Matthew 21:22

The waiting room for the Orthopedic Doctor was the same for the Pediatrics Department. If you really are feeling sorry for yourself and want to put things in perspective, then take one look at a child with a COH wrist band and no hair. As I sat there I just thanked God over and over that it was me and not one of my children with that wrist band on. I have much to be thankful for. I could never answer the "Why" question for that family, but for me I know that God is at work in a powerful way.

"Remember your word to your servant, for you have given me hope. My comfort in my suffering is this: your promises preserve my life." Psalms 119:49


We will be back on Monday!
God Bless,
Sandy