Sunday, September 23, 2007

Birthday Thanks

I am officially 43 years old. I was told when I turned 40 that these would be the best years of my life. No comment.

I must admit, now that I am in my 40's, I am more content and happy with who I am. Hopefully, I am a little wiser. This birthday was more about being around cherished friends and family and celebrating life. I want to thank everyone for their warm and thoughtful wishes for my 43rd year. I think my birthday cards were the best gift this year. There were very beautiful messages written on each one.

I have no doubt that I am on the path that God laid out for me from the day I was born. On September 21, 1964, God laid out a plan for my life with destiny-altering moments. I happen to be in one of the biggest ones right now. God is called the author and finisher of our faith. As long as I stand strong on my faith, God has promised to finish the good work He started on the day I was born.

"Be confident of this, He who began a good work in you will continue to perform it until it's perfectly complete." Phillippians 1:6

Rick Warren, who wrote "Purpose Driven Life", says this: "Life is a series of problems. Either you are in one now, you're coming out of one, or you're getting ready to go into another one. The reason for this is that God is more interested in your character than your comfort."

It is amazing how God provides blessings in the midst of life's storms. I think my friendships are richer because of my disease. My marriage is stronger. My kids have seen prayer and faith in action. These are all gifts from God that I would not trade for anything. As I enter into this year, I do it joyfully and with great anticipation of what God will do with my life.

Thank you God for being the author of my faith!

Sandy